I spent the first part of this week doing taxes. This is the first time I’ve had to file in over 10 years, and besides the income from royalties from book sales, I also had income from driving for Uber. So I spent a lot of time doing two separate Schedule 1’s and Schedule C’s and… ugh. But! I got it done!!! When I IM’d my daughter to tell her I got my taxes done, she sent this IM response “Aw, look at you adulting!” LOL. That’s my baby! Anyway, Thursday I slept in late, then got up and hit the keyboard!!! I’ve been alternating going over what’s already written and filling in gaps and transitioning scenes, as well as writing new scenes. Then last night, in the middle of the night (naturally), I had an idea for the scenes I’ve been working on, so as soon as I get this posted, I’m heading over to Scrivener and getting on that 🙂
I’ve got 46,274 words already written on Reluctant Rogue. What I plan to do first is go through and clean up that very rough draft, and let that momentum carry forward. I have no plans for anything this week except to write!
I’ve created a private FB group for fans of my books! You’re invited to join Allie McCormack Book Fans group… in the membership question, just put that you were referred from my blog! 🙂
Last Week’s Word Count
3,968 words… which isn’t at all bad, considering I only started writing again on Thursday!
- Reluctant Rogue (Wishes & Dreams #5) is also available for pre-order on Amazon.
- Foxy Lady (Wishes & Dreams #6) is available for pre-order on Amazon. Once I get the book cover, I’ll get it up for pre-order at the other retailers. The release date is set for October 2022.
Also, last but not least, please subscribe to my monthly newsletter and keep up on important news, previews, cover reveals, and so forth, as well as a monthly excerpt from either published books or works in progress, and a Recipe of the Month!
In Other, Non-Writing-Related News……
- TikTok. Eh. I don’t feel like I’ll be a major presence there. It was fun, don’t get me wrong! But to successfully market there, you have to spend a LOT of time making videos and so forth, and that’s time I could spend writing. So I’ll make the occasional video, because really, it IS great fun! But I’m not going to make it my life’s work to be a significant presence there. Still, feel free to follow me over there!
- Uber. I drive for Uber fun, to get out of the house and honestly? Most of my passengers are tourists here in wine country, and they’ve got great energy, and I enjoy driving them to/from the vineyards, wine tasting rooms, restaurants, and the casino. Plus, it gets me out of the house and I get to enjoy the scenery and so forth. I generally have a blast when I’m out driving, and I come home all happy and hopped up on the excitement and fun I’ve had. That being said, the price of gas makes it too much of a loss. I’ve drawn a line in the sand; when the gas comes down to under $4.75/gallon, I’ll go back to driving.
- Truck Stop
- Wishes in a Bottle (Wishes & Dreams #1)
- A Gift of Jacinth (Wishes & Dreams #2)
- SwanSong (Sons of the Desert #1)
- Castles in the Sand (Sons of the Desert #2)
- A Cat for Troy (Wishes & Dreams #3)
- Wishes & Dreams Boxed Ebook Set (Books 1-3)
- When Darkness Falls: Book I: The Palace
- When Darkness Falls: Book II: The Dark Lord
- When Darkness Falls: Book III: The Prophecy
- When Darkness Falls: The Trilogy (Boxed eBook set)
- An Almost Marriage: A Short Story
- Coveted Mate (Wishes & Dreams #4)
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- RELUCTANT ROGUE, Wishes & Dreams #5
- To Be Written Partial Manuscripts:
- FOXY LADY, Wishes & Dreams #6
- MICHAEL’S QUEST, Sons of the Desert #3
- BEHIND THE CLOUDS, spin-off of Sons of the Desert
- INTO THE STORM, spin-off of Sons of the Desert
- Planned Manuscripts:
- Short Story: Amanda & Julian, spin-off of Wishes in a Bottle
THIS WEEK’S WRITING PLAN
(Not in any particular order, except if indicated)
- Actually send in the taxes I’ve spent so much time doing!