Honestly? I took most of the summer off from writing. Well, not intentionally. But ideas just weren’t coming to me, and finally I decided that, since I’d been pushing myself for a very long time, maybe it was time for a break, so I let myself go with the flow 🙂 But now suddenly ideas are flowing, and I’ve been hard at work these last couple weeks on Reluctant Rogue, the 5th book in my Wishes & Dreams paranormal romance series.
Plan for This Week:
Writing on Reluctant Rogue. I have no plans for anything this week except to write! That being said, we’re moving into Preptober for National Novel Writing Month. So I’ll be keeping an eye on their website to grab the banners and badges, and work up some graphics to use throughout November. But mostly…. writing!
Last Week’s Word Count: 6,117
Manuscript Total: 58,361
My Facebook Group… You’re Invited!
I’ve created a private FB group for fans of my books! You’re invited to join Allie McCormack Book Fans group… in the membership question, just put that you were referred from my blog! 🙂
Also, last but not least, please subscribe to my monthly newsletter and keep up on important news, previews, cover reveals, and so forth, as well as a monthly excerpt from either published books or works in progress, and a Recipe of the Month!
In Other, Non-Writing-Related News……
- TikTok. Eh. I don’t feel like I’ll be a major presence there. It was fun, don’t get me wrong! But to successfully market there, you have to spend a LOT of time making videos and so forth, and that’s time I could spend writing. So I’ll make the occasional video, because really, it IS great fun! But I’m not going to make it my life’s work to be a significant presence there. Still, feel free to follow me over there!
- Uber. I drive for Uber fun, to get out of the house and honestly? Most of my passengers are tourists here in wine country, and they’ve got great energy, and I enjoy driving them to/from the vineyards, wine tasting rooms, restaurants, and the casino. Plus, it gets me out of the house and I get to enjoy the scenery and so forth. I generally have a blast when I’m out driving, and I come home all happy and hopped up on the excitement and fun I’ve had. That being said, the price of gas makes it too much of a loss. I’ve drawn a line in the sand; when the gas comes down to under $4.75/gallon, I’ll go back to driving. So far, that hasn’t happened 🙁
- Truck Stop
- Wishes in a Bottle (Wishes & Dreams #1)
- A Gift of Jacinth (Wishes & Dreams #2)
- SwanSong (Sons of the Desert #1)
- Castles in the Sand (Sons of the Desert #2)
- A Cat for Troy (Wishes & Dreams #3)
- Wishes & Dreams Boxed Ebook Set (Books 1-3)
- When Darkness Falls: Book I: The Palace
- When Darkness Falls: Book II: The Dark Lord
- When Darkness Falls: Book III: The Prophecy
- When Darkness Falls: The Trilogy (Boxed eBook set)
- An Almost Marriage: A Short Story
- Coveted Mate (Wishes & Dreams #4)
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- RELUCTANT ROGUE, Wishes & Dreams #5
- To Be Written Partial Manuscripts:
- FOXY LADY, Wishes & Dreams #6
- MICHAEL’S QUEST, Sons of the Desert #3
- BEHIND THE CLOUDS, spin-off of Sons of the Desert
- INTO THE STORM, spin-off of Sons of the Desert
- Planned Manuscripts:
- Short Story: Amanda & Julian, spin-off of Wishes in a Bottle
- Short Story: Dragon Prince, spin-off of When Darkness Falls
THIS WEEK’S WRITING PLAN
(Not in any particular order, except if indicated)