So the previous Plan got a bit messed up since my back decided to go into severe spasm for about 10 days. Not fun. However, I did get the most important step accomplished: I chose my first rank of literary agencies and sent out six query letters for Wishes in a Bottle.
Also, during those not-fun-filled days I got the initial read-through of the next book in the series, A Gift of Jacinth, done, and a list of revisions and additions that I want to make. Most of these are to tie Jacinth more firmly into Wishes in a Bottle, and to add in more of A Cat For Troy, the third book in the series; when I originally wrote Jacinth I was well over halfway finished before Cat stomped her paws and demanded her own book. Okay, okay, sheesh. Gotta love demanding characters.
So the plan currently is as follows. I’m not putting a time on it for now, as I still have to be cautious so as to not set off my back again. I have a month at least before the query responses start rolling in.
- My primary beta reader identified a loose thread in Wishes in a Bottle, so I do need to get that tended to asap, just in case any (brilliant, perceptive, incredibly awesome) agent is interested by my query and requests the full.
- Begin work on the revisions of Jacinth that I’ve outlined on the read-through, also, the word count needs to bump up about another 20k , but the added scenes should take care of that.
- Write a 2-page synopsis, a longer synopsis and a blurb for Jacinth.
That’s it for now.