Not much change from last week. It’s National Novel Writing Month, and I’m still writing away. I hit the halfway mark this week, and at the time of this writing, I’m at 28,652 total word count.
I did run into a wall working on A Cat For Troy about halfway through the week, so I switched over to When Darkness Falls where, due to a wistful hope by @MooseMunch on Twitter that they’d make it into my novel, I brought Harry & David’s Moose Munch to the 15th century by my heroine’s side kick, a time-traveling adolescent Djinn. I had a blast writing it, and having Remi explain what munchies are, what popcorn is, what caramel is, and what is a moose took almost 500 words. Oh and then she had to be reassured she wasn’t eating munchies for mooses.
In addition, I’ve started work on my December author’s newsletter, Allie’s Writing Corner. Please subscribe! And also my very first newsletter from November is still available! The Subscribe link is on the sidebar to the right.
- Three Finished Manuscripts, ready to send:
- Wishes in a Bottle, 1st book of Wishes & Dreams 3-book series
- SwanSong; 1st book of Sons of the Desert 4-book series
- Castles in the Sand; 2nd book of Sons of the Desert
- One Finished Manuscript, but want to make some revisions:
- A Gift of Jacinth; 2nd book of Wishes & Dreams
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- When Darkness Falls (about 95%)
- A Cat For Troy; 3rd book of Wishes & Dreams (about 50%)
- Currently outstanding:
- 4 queries to literary agents (we won’t talk about how man rejections have come in)
- 2 queries to a publisher
- 2 full manuscripts by request to a publisher
- 1 manuscript a finalist in Melody of Love contest, awaiting final results on December 1st
- 4 manuscripts in The Emily contest
Synopsis, Blurb & Pitch: All completed manuscripts have these done:
- Blurb/1-paragraph summation (for query letter)
- 2-page synopsis
- 5-10 page synopsis
- 1-sentence pitch (140 characters for Twitter pitch events)
THE WRITING PLAN: WRITE!!!!
- Finish A CAT FOR TROY.
- Choose ONE of the below. That’s o-n-e, (1). 1. Being a single entity, unit, object. And NO that does not mean one series. Just one.
- MICHAEL’S QUEST (3rd book, Sons of the Desert)
- BEHIND THE CLOUDS (spinoff, Sons of the Desert)
- INTO THE STORM (spinoff, Sons of the Desert)
- Work on WHEN DARKNESS FALLS in between the above.