With NaNoWriMo coming up on November 1st, the writing plan is pretty simple. Between now and then, work on When Darkness Falls and making up freezer meals, then on Nov 1st, write!! I have a bunch of NaNo Prep tasks on Asana that have to wait til the 31st to be done; I also have housekeepers coming around noon on the 31st, and that morning I’ll go get a Honeybaked Ham. Then I’ll have a HUGE nap in the evening (which I’ll need by then!!!) and I’ll be ready at midnight to start pounding out that word count!
- October is NaNoWriMo Preparation month
- I’m taking a month-long class in October by Jessie Clever: Getting Results from Your Author Newsletter
- I’m taking a month-long class in October by ConvertKit: Launch An Online Business (actually geared toward bloggers, but also presumably can be helpful for novelists) (it’s not, so I’ve pretty much given that up)
- Three Finished Manuscripts, ready to send:
- Wishes in a Bottle, 1st book of Wishes & Dreams 3-book series
- SwanSong; 1st book of Sons of the Desert 4-book series
- Castles in the Sand; 2nd book of Sons of the Desert
- One Finished Manuscript, but want to make some revisions:
- A Gift of Jacinth; 2nd book of Wishes & Dreams
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- When Darkness Falls (about 98%)
- A Cat For Troy; 3rd book of Wishes & Dreams (about 50%)
- Currently outstanding:
- 9 queries to literary agents (we won’t talk about how man rejections have come in)
- Proposal to Carina Press (When Darkness Falls)
- 2 queries to a publisher
- 2 full manuscripts by request to a publisher
- 3 manuscripts in Melody of Love contest
- 4 manuscripts in The Emily contest
Synopsis, Blurb & Pitch: All completed manuscripts have these done:
- Blurb/1-paragraph summation (for query letter)
- 2-page synopsis
- 5-10 page synopsis
- 1-sentence pitch (140 characters for Twitter pitch events)
THE WRITING PLAN:
A. Until Oct 31st:
- WHEN DARKNESS FALLS:
- Import to Scrivener. (Completed)
- Read-through and identify plot holes, places where transition is needed and scenes that are needed, and mark on the NC’s. (Completed)
- Fix above-noted issues and it will be FINISHED!!!
- Finalize my debut monthly newsletter to go out October 31st
- Keep working through my NaNo Preparation checklist on Asana
B. Nov 1st: WRITE!!!!
- Finish A CAT FOR TROY.
- Choose ONE of the below. That’s o-n-e, (1). 1. Being a single entity, unit, object. And NO that does not mean one series. Just one.
- MICHAEL’S QUEST (3rd book, Sons of the Desert
- BEHIND THE CLOUDS (spinoff, Sons of the Desert)
- INTO THE STORM (spinoff, Sons of the Desert