Not much change from last week’s plan. I got a good start on the February newsletter. My highest priority right now is getting revisions done on A Gift of Jacinth, with a target goal of being finished by the end of this month, latest. My biggest problem right now, is that When Darkness Falls keeps trying to suck me back in. But I’m determined to get the whole Wishes & Dreams series ready to go, because once I get into WDF, I won’t be coming out for awhile. Once I have Jacinth done, I’ll put that back in the beta reader pipeline. I already have beta readers on SwanSong and Castles in the Sand and I’m going over that feedback as it comes in and making any minor changes that come up, but saving anything that requires more extensive thought for when I finish Jacinth. So far though there really isn’t much…. they’ve been polished and edited about to death, so the beta readers are more the final “last look.”
- Three Finished Manuscripts, ready to send:
- Wishes in a Bottle, 1st book of Wishes & Dreams 3-book series
- SwanSong; 1st book of Sons of the Desert 4-book series
- Castles in the Sand; 2nd book of Sons of the Desert
- Three Finished Manuscripts, revisions in progress:
- A Gift of Jacinth; 2nd book of Wishes & Dreams
- A Cat For Troy; 3rd book of Wishes & Dreams
- When Darkness Falls
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- Michael’s Quest, 3rd book of Sons of the Desert (just starting)
- Currently outstanding:
- 4 queries to literary agents (we won’t talk about how man rejections have come in)
- 1 query to a publisher
- 1 full manuscript by request to a publisher
Synopsis, Blurb & Pitch: All finished manuscripts have these, except as noted below:
- Blurb/1-paragraph summation for query letter (Needed: A CAT FOR TROY)
- 2-page synopsis (Needed: A CAT FOR TROY, WHEN DARKNESS FALLS)
- 5-10 page synopsis (Needed: A CAT FOR TROY)
- 1-sentence pitch for agent submissions who require this
- 280-character pitch for Twitter pitch events
THE WRITING PLAN: (not in any particular order except as indicated)
- Start researching for my next round of queries to literary agents.
- A GIFT OF JACINTH: (Highest Priority)
- Work in more of Julian & Alessandra from WISHES, into the story;
- Incorporate some more of the events that occur in CAT, since that was written after I’d written this novel, not to mention I hadn’t known I was going to write a third book in the series when I was writing JACINTH (it’s all Cat’s fault)!
- A CAT FOR TROY:
- Read through for plot holes
- Since this is only at 68k, it needs at least 22k more, so look for places where I can build, particularly:
- Katerina’s career and employees and associates, and also some of her family relationships
- Adding more of Julian & Alessandra from the first book in the series.
- I need more interaction between Katerina and Troy (as opposed to Cat and Troy).
- WHEN DARKNESS FALLS:
- Characterization expansion on some of the major secondary characters, particularly Damien’s Commander, Aleksei (due to the screams of “more!” from my beta readers, and his (Damien’s) demon half-sister Kayja (ditto screams) as well as Maxim, the High Magi. Plus just a little more on some of the Viziers of Sultana’s Court, to kind of punctuate their roles. Also Gabrielle and Antonio.
- Go through beta reader feedback for the more extensive issues/fixes that I’d set aside until November was over.
- Work on my new FlickR album that I put together just for fun 🙂