Again not much change from last week’s plan. My highest priority right now is still to get revisions done on A Gift of Jacinth, with a target goal of being finished by the end of this month, latest. I’m almost done, just have a few scenes identified to re-write in Jacinth’s point of view, then it’ll be ready to go out to beta readers.
As a reminder, if you’re interested in being a beta reader, I’ve got my process outlined on my Beta Reading Team webpage, along with synopses of the manuscripts currently in beta reading, to choose from 🙂
- Three Finished Manuscripts, ready to send:
- Wishes in a Bottle, 1st book of Wishes & Dreams 3-book series
- SwanSong; 1st book of Sons of the Desert 4-book series
- Castles in the Sand; 2nd book of Sons of the Desert
- Three Finished Manuscripts, revisions in progress:
- A Gift of Jacinth; 2nd book of Wishes & Dreams
- A Cat For Troy; 3rd book of Wishes & Dreams
- When Darkness Falls
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- Michael’s Quest, 3rd book of Sons of the Desert (just starting)
- Currently outstanding:
- 4 queries to literary agents (we won’t talk about how man rejections have come in)
- 1 query to a publisher
- 1 full manuscript by request to a publisher
Synopsis, Blurb & Pitch: All finished manuscripts have these, except as noted below:
- Blurb/1-paragraph summation for query letter (Needed: A CAT FOR TROY)
- 2-page synopsis (Needed: A CAT FOR TROY, WHEN DARKNESS FALLS)
- 5-10 page synopsis (Needed: A CAT FOR TROY)
- 1-sentence pitch for agent submissions who require this
- 280-character pitch for Twitter pitch events
THE WRITING PLAN: (not in any particular order except as indicated)
- Start researching for my next round of queries to literary agents.
- A GIFT OF JACINTH: (Highest Priority)
- Work in more of Julian & Alessandra from WISHES, into the story;
- Incorporate some more of the events that occur in CAT, since that was written after I’d written this novel, not to mention I hadn’t known I was going to write a third book in the series when I was writing JACINTH (it’s all Cat’s fault)!
- A CAT FOR TROY:
- Read through for plot holes
- Since this is only at 68k, it needs at least 22k more, so look for places where I can build, particularly:
- Katerina’s career and employees and associates, and also some of her family relationships
- Adding more of Julian & Alessandra from the first book in the series.
- I need more interaction between Katerina and Troy (as opposed to Cat and Troy).
- WHEN DARKNESS FALLS:
- Characterization expansion on some of the major secondary characters, particularly Damien’s Commander, Aleksei (due to the screams of “more!” from my beta readers, and his (Damien’s) demon half-sister Kayja (ditto screams) as well as Maxim, the High Magi. Plus just a little more on some of the Viziers of Sultana’s Court, to kind of punctuate their roles. Also Gabrielle and Antonio.
- Go through beta reader feedback for the more extensive issues/fixes that I’d set aside until November was over.
- Work on my new FlickR album that I put together just for fun 🙂