A couple of weeks ago, I went WIDE, and spent 2-3 days getting 7 books set up on the various platforms (Apple, Barnes & Noble/Nook, Google Play and Kobo, in addition to of course Amazon). Despite using Asana to keep track of all the tasks, I was still feeling overwhelmed, but I powered through and got it all done.
Or so I thought. Two days ago, I submitted my first book for Amazon’s beta hardcover program, and it was kicked back because I didn’t have the new hardcover ISBN on the copyright page (duh!). But that’s when I realized, I hadn’t put the B&N ISBN numbers on the copyright pages of the paperbacks I’d uploaded to B&N. So, diving right in without thinking things through, I got the first 3 paperbacks done and saved in Vellum with the correct ISBN’s for B&N. Before I realized, I hadn’t saved a copy of the print format with the original Amazon ISBN. so I had half my paperback files with Amazon ISBNs and half with B&N ISBNs. NIGHTMARE! I just spent the entire evening in Vellum, making 3 versions of each book, one for Amazon paperbacks, one for B&N paperbacks and one for Amazon hardbound.
Now I have to upload the changed files to B&N… but in the morning. I have a serious headache! Remind me never to do ANY cross-book or cross-platform changes without plotting it out in Asana first.