Not much change from last week. It’s National Novel Writing Month, and I’m going to write! I’m still working on my main project, finishing (hopefully) A Cat For Troy, the third and last of my Wishes & Dream paranormal romance series. To date I have 19,276 words written for NaNo. It could be better, but then again, it could be a lot worse! I’m looking at a targeted finish date (according to the stats on my NaNo page) of Nov 25th. I’m hoping to get a bit ahead this weekend, just in case Life decides to mess me up later on in the month. You all know how that is, I’m sure!
- Three Finished Manuscripts, ready to send:
- Wishes in a Bottle, 1st book of Wishes & Dreams 3-book series
- SwanSong; 1st book of Sons of the Desert 4-book series
- Castles in the Sand; 2nd book of Sons of the Desert
- One Finished Manuscript, but want to make some revisions:
- A Gift of Jacinth; 2nd book of Wishes & Dreams
- In-Progress Manuscripts:
- When Darkness Falls (about 95%)
- A Cat For Troy; 3rd book of Wishes & Dreams (about 50%)
- Currently outstanding:
- 7 queries to literary agents (we won’t talk about how man rejections have come in)
- 2 queries to a publisher
- 2 full manuscripts by request to a publisher
- 4 manuscripts in The Emily contest
Synopsis, Blurb & Pitch: All completed manuscripts have these done:
- Blurb/1-paragraph summation (for query letter)
- 2-page synopsis
- 5-10 page synopsis
- 1-sentence pitch (140 characters for Twitter pitch events)
THE WRITING PLAN: WRITE!!!!
- Finish A CAT FOR TROY.
- Choose ONE of the below. That’s o-n-e, (1). 1. Being a single entity, unit, object. And NO that does not mean one series. Just one.
- MICHAEL’S QUEST (3rd book, Sons of the Desert)
- BEHIND THE CLOUDS (spinoff, Sons of the Desert)
- INTO THE STORM (spinoff, Sons of the Desert)